You know who loves banana bread? THIS GIRL. If you don’t, you just haven’t had a good one or you’re a monster! I mean.. it’s basically like having cake for breakfast or a snack. And I’m an adult so I can eat cake for breakfast if i want to! If you really want to do it right, mix in chocolate chips. This time I just put them on top with some pecans. It’s called balance, people. #HealthyAF
It’s fast, it’s easy, it’s delicious! Here’s what you need-
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick- SUPER soft but not melted, leave it out on the counter for a few hours)
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
Ok, so let’s talk about the bananas real quick. They need to be ripe. REAL RIPE. Honestly, I was alarmed when I found out how ripe they should actually be for bread. I always used them when they had like one little freckle on them. (WAHOO THEY’RE READY. No. Just no.) . This recipe is perfect for when you get ambitious and buy a bunch of bananas and then only eat 2 out of the 5 in the bundle and you’ve let them sit there for a week or so and they look like they might make you sick if you eat them…that means they’re perfect for banana bread! Ok, back to how to make this guy!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Quick prep work: Sift together (or just whisk/mixup, let’s be real) the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl. Mash your three bananas in a small bowl with a fork until it looks like baby food.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a stand up mixer. Basically that means mix it on med/low until it’s all mixed together and smooth-ish.
- Toss your egg and mashed bananas in there. Mix on low until incorporated.
- Mix in your flour mixture on low by large spoonfuls until incorporated.
- Mix in the milk on low until fully combined.
- Throw it all in a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. (Check with toothpick, it should come out clean. TBH, mine usually takes an extra five minutes)
*If you want to be fun an adventurous, add some toppings! I added chocolate chips and pecans. You could really add anything on top of here. Fruit, nuts, different kinds of candy chips, the sky is the limit!
*TIP: If you want to make your life easier, cut a strip of parchment paper to place in your greased pan. If placed sideways, you’ll have little paper wings for you to easily pull your bread out! I like when things are easy, you do too. Take the tip.
That’s all! Enjoy your