It’s FALL, it’s FALL, it’s FALL! Even though many of you are sad to see summer go, I am not. I constantly get heat for this but summer is my least favorite season. Please don’t unsubscribe. I am a fall/winter gal and it’s JUST WHO I AM. You’re in luck though. Since we’re diving into my favorite time of year, I have several things to share. I have been making soups year round for the last couple of years. I don’t care if it’s 95 degrees outside, you can likely find soup simmering on my stove. I am that dedicated to soup life. I’ve tried dozens and dozens of recipes. I’m here today to give you the top 6 soups/stews in my rotation. You’re going to LOVE these this fall!
- Zuppa Toscana– These are technically not in any specific order but this is my FAVORITE. Here’s why- It’s lighter on cream and it has kale (SuPeRfOoD), basically healthy AF. And SO flavorful! It’s a Whole30 recipe (I SAID HEALTHY AF) but I use heavy cream and butter instead of coconut milk and ghee when I’m on that YOLO diet. Use hot sausage instead of mild to really amp this one up.
- White Bean, Ham & Tortellini Soup– 2 words: COMFORT FOOD. It’s creamy. It’s hearty. It’s like a savory hug in your mouth. I go a little heavier on the broth and cream to make it soupier. That’s a word. I googled it so it must be true.
- Beef Bourguinon– AKA fancy beef stew. This is like a beef stew that got upgraded to first class in flavor. It’s a slow cooker recipe therefore your whole house will smell like heaven and you don’t even have to clean. Bonus: It calls for wine. That’s a clear green light to have some (or the rest) of the bottle in my book. CHEERS!
- Country Potato Soup– This one is from a little American treasure, queen, icon, legend Joanna Gaines. I feel like honestly that’s enough said. Nom.
- Chicken Enchilada Soup– Some people think soup is boring and tacos are life. They’re half right. If that’s you, I’d happily welcome you to get in on this. It will convert you to soup. This one gets extra points because it’s very similar to the Chili’s version. If you’re feeling lazy then scoot right on over to one of Chili’s 1,600 locations and you’ll be set. But actually just do it because it’s a 20-minute recipe!
- Thai Shrimp Soup– I love trying new types of soups that just weren’t around growing up in the midwest in the 90s. Some have been better than others… BUT THIS ONE stands above the rest. This blog is called DamnDelicious and to be honest it describes this soup perfectly. Fresh, flavorful and quick. Are you sold?
That’s all she wrote (literally)! You’re set for the season. No matter what mood you’re in you can find an option on this list. It’s just the truth. Happy Souping! (Ok, fine that one isn’t a real word..) MUAH!